Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Setting up

Hello. Hello? Hello? Is there anybody out there?

No, I thought not. And that's something of a relief. If you're going to make a fool of yourself in public, it's definitely better if everyone ignores you until you're used to the feeling.

I've read dozens of blogs but still don't feel I know the rules, so I'm just going to make up my own.

Ok, here's the thing: I really like food. I eat out as often as I can, I read every foodie book and recipe book that I can get my hands on. I talk about it all the time, and spend long hours lying awake at night thinking about what to cook next. I love going to really grand restaurants where even the waiters are scared of the sommelier, but probably my favourite restaurant is a very basic Thai café in a remote part of East London where the chef-proprietor is just passionate about Thai food.

And I love cooking. That's my problem, because I cook much more than I could possibly eat on my own, which is expensive and quite wasteful, because I'm single and share a house with one not very greedy friend. Not only is it wasteful, but I don't have enough fellow cooks to talk about the process of cooking with. I want to swap recipes, talk about problems I've encountered and get ideas from other food fanatics.

Hopefully this blog will help me find like-minded people who will share their experience, recommendations, recipes and ideas with me.

Ok, deep breath. Press 'publish post'. Now we're cooking with gas!

No comments: